Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

My submissions to the Gumpy Show

 - image from Kollectable Kulture Post
     If you remember way back in February 2011, Gumpy Revolution (Jose Reynoso's project) was offering up 50 blank Gomi's (for free!!) to be customized for a show at Gunnzo, and now... The Gumpy Show is upon us!!  Jose Reynoso has been putting in a lot of hours, and it promises to be an extravaganza!  The show will be featuring custom Gumpy's by amazing artists such as Skinner, Paul Kaiju and Saner, just to name a few of my favorites. Also making their appearance on October 8th, are the 50 blank Gomi's returning from all over the country.  For those those lucky enough to attend, there will be food by Tabe, music and the first 20 people into the gallery will receive a limited edition print by Skinner! Sooo wish I could be there to score one of those...
     The image above is part of my submission to the Gumpy show.  They are cast in solid resin, have articulated arms, removable heads and come with bags and headers.  I painted them with a combination of Monster Kolor and Auto-air, with MK's glorious clear coat laid down for the finish.  They are meant to be companion pieces to my Custom Gomi, which will be revealed on the night of the show.  If any of you are attending the event and can't pick me up a Skinner print, haha, I would love to see some pics! ^.^

Be sure to hit up The Gumpy Show  
Saturday, October 8th 7-11pm
Gunnzo 2445 Juan st San Diego ca 92110 

No comments:

Post a Comment